Thursday, January 24, 2013

"Destination: Rome" - Scrapmatts




Hello my friends!!!

"I would like to apologize to some of my contacts! Someone from Hong Kong hacked my yahoo email and sent a spam to lots of people! Just ignore it! Thanks!!!"
This is my first post for Scrapmatts and I would like to take this opportunity to thank Sophie and Andrew for having me in their wonderful DT and for their generocity!!! I received a pile of beautiful chipies that made me soooo happy!!!
I have made a tag to welcome a new journey...year 2013!!! I wish everyone all the best!!!
I am loving the "art journal" style lately!!!
"New journey 2013"
I have used two different shapes for this:
Hot air balloons CB5035 01
and CB1136 assorted words 02

To make the background, I have used "The crafter's workshop" stencils, some mists, washi tape from Purple Pumpkin and travel stamps by Glitz! I have heat embossed the balloon with black embossing powder and I have randomly painted it with my finger and some gesso. The word "journey" was painted with white acrylic paint and then with glimmer glam.
***
And here is a layout I made with a photo of me just to introduce myself! In 2009 I visited Rome with my DH and we LOVED it!!!! I don't have many photos of me because I am usually/always the one holding the photo camera..LOL

"Sorry for the photo on this layout..the colors came out really bad but I didn't have the time to print it out at a store..my printer is playing games...pffff...."
"Destination: Rome"
I have used:
ATC film strip 10-022
 
CB1136 assorted words 02
 
Butterflies 02 CB4009
 
and Leaf spray 01 CB5082

 The flowers and trims are "Green Tara" and the buttons & washi tape from "Purple Pumpkin". I have painted the butterfly with black acrylic paint and the I dabbed some black stickles over it with my finger! I did the same with the word "Destination" and just added a little white paint. The spray leaf was first painted white and then I went over it with green disstress stain. I painted the film strip black and then I randomly applied some copper embossing powder!!! I loved the result!!!

So, that's all for now!! I hope you enjoyed my first post!!!
See you all later!!!!
xxxxxx

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwww! These are gorgeous!! I am in love with the colors and the textures!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Gorgeous work - I really, really LOVE the tag - those colours & the multi media....YUM!!!!!!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Fantastic work, Vicky!!!!! I really love that art journal look too! Good name for it! Hey I did get that email... Lol. How annoying for you! xo

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

I've been playing with making photos "Unreal" colours and assumed you had been playing too. Love your art today. It is fun!

alexandra polyzou said...

love it!!!!