Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tutorial time! Step by step mixed media layout! "Forget me not"

Hello again!!
As I promised, here is a step by step tutorial on how to create this vintage background!!

I always start by placing the stuff I want to use onto the paper to get an idea of how to proceed...it usually changes in the end...haha Sketches are a GREAT help and inspiration!!!


I glued the papers down and then misted with brown and blue dylusions and let it drip...
Wipe off excess with toilet paper! (Always handy right??? lol)

Apply texture paste using a mask here and there...make sure it goes past your photo and won't be all covered up!

Place the photo to see where you need to stamp! I usually use a letter stamp for that!!

I decided to add some old book paper which I wrinkled and distressed!!

Take a mask or stencil and trace around it with versamark ink!!!

The results are impressive!! I used distressed embossing powder "walnut stain".

And some copper embossing....

The title by Scrapmatts, was also heat embossed with these 3 colors!!
The great thing about the versamark pen is that you have absolute control of where you need to emboss!!!

This Green Tara paper flower was stamped and splashed with mist!!

That's about it!!! I then started building my composition and gluing stuff around and VOILA!!!

"Forget me not"

I forgot to mention that my last act was to apply some gesso on the flowers and in random spots around the page!!

All flowers and laces are Green Tara! You can also see a a few beautiful clock pieces which are Scrapmatts!!!



I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial!
Have a nice creative day!!!

6 comments:

alexandra polyzou said...

thanks for sharing the tutorial!!!amazing work as always!!!!xxx

Nadia Cannizzo said...

not too bad! LOL didnt look like it took a long time but I would skip the putting stuff down to see how it goes. LOL Thats where time is wasted. Just stick it down woman LOL!

Valia Katzaki said...

Lol Nadia!
Vicky a great LO!

Lolô Artesanato said...

Gorgeous Vicky
tks for share
xx
Leila

Ella Swan said...

Great job Vicky! Just loved your tutorial & your page looks fab~!!

Matilde said...

A lovely page and a great tutorial!